POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : logo opinions wanted : Re: logo opinions wanted Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: logo opinions wanted
From: Tek
Date: 7 Mar 2004 16:26:06
Message: <404b936e$1@news.povray.org>
Well the white outline is easy, it's just a slightly thicker version of the
object drawn bigger and further away (I have a macro for building my object that
takes thickness as a parameter).

The black outline is a cunning trick: I use a thicker object (so it completely
encloses the coloured object, and every point on the surface of the thick object
is a fixed distance from the inner object), then I colour it with texture {
pigment { rgbt 1 } } interior_texture { pigment { rgb 0 } }. This gives a good
outline.

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com